Friday, September 4, 2026

The Ghost in the Deed - A Review

Review


THE GHOST IN THE DEED by Marcin Bijar
The First Haunted Records Mystery 

Clara Vale's mother left Moonfall never to return, but now Clara's back to settle her great-aunt's estate. However, Etta left secrets along with her business. Secrets the mayor wants kept. Secrets involving land and a runaway. But the records show that perhaps Nora didn't run away. And something otherworldly agrees. With the help of her lawyer and a detective Clara vows to find the truth. Will she succeed, or will someone in the town silence her for good?

THE GHOST IN THE DEED is a cerebral mystery. There's not a lot of action and the action there is is deliberate and slow...calculated. Even the dialogue and Clara's research is calculated and precise. I love the manner in which the ghost makes her appearance known as well as how Clara and others notice the unusual events. 

I enjoyed the story, and the promise of more interesting records to come. I love how Clara, Ruth, Jonah, and Mara work together. And I especially liked the subtle paranormal aspect.

A thinking person's mystery, THE GHOST IN THE DEED combines small town secrets with a hint of the paranormal to create the start of a unique new series. 

No comments:

Post a Comment