Sunday, December 22, 2013

Generosity

I'm continually amazed by the generosity of mystery authors. During this holiday season I witness so many writers giving gifts and prizes to their readers. I count myself lucky to be the recipient of not only the physical prizes, but the friendly, warm, and even caring, environment they've created.

The Scrooges out there may say, it's just a marketing ploy, but it's not only that. Sure, giving away books encourages people to read more, and hopefully purchase more, thereby enhancing the authors continued work and bottom line. But there's more to it than that. I believe the authors want to share a part of themselves and welcome us into their own world.

I've been fortunate to meet several writers, and correspond with many more. I've never met a more down to earth, friendly, helpful, and encouraging group of people in my life. I consider myself lucky to have them as a part of my life and I hope I can, in some small way anyway, help them continue in their mission to bring their stories to the world.

Writers give us a gift every time their stories come into our lives. I, for one, am most thankful for the opportunity to get to know these authors better. Thank you authors, with heartfelt gratitude, for your time, your words, and your generosity.

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you. Mystery writers are the most generous with their time and friendliness.

    ReplyDelete