Sunday, April 19, 2020

Baker's Coven - A Review

Review




BAKER'S COVEN by Nancy Warren
The Second Great Witches Baking Show Mystery

Despite the murder that occurred during last week's filming, Poppy Wilkinson is ready to get back to Broomewode and carry on competing in the second episode of the Great British Baking Contest. The signature bake is all about local fruits and Poppy thinks she's hit the jackpot when she discovers a source for local gooseberries. But when a falling chunk of an ancient tower nearly crushes her, Poppy realizes that danger still surrounds the area. 

BAKER'S COVEN introduces a wonderful new character in the form of Sly, a gorgeous border collie who loves his orange ball. While Gateau isn't charmed, I'm as smitten as Poppy. In fact, my emotions ran high in this second episode of the Great Witches Baking Show. My heart was pumping as I shared Poppy's righteous anger toward Peter Puddifoot. I thought I would like this character as he seemed to care for the bees, but his behavior toward Sly made me feel a murderous rage!

I'm continually amazed how much content, depth, and intrigue Nancy Warren manages to put in such a short book! There are several storylines: the current mystery, the ongoing baking competition, Poppy's development as a witch, and more. All are given proper attention and meld together to form a complete and satisfying story!

BAKER'S COVEN is a mouthwatering mystery jam packed with danger, excitement, and cake. Well rounded characters, a delightful setting, and a thoughtful mystery make me eager for the next offering.

Recipe Included.


2 comments: