Friday, June 28, 2024

A Murder Most French - A Review

 Review

A MURDER MOST FRENCH by Colleen Cambridge
The Second American in Paris Mystery

Tabitha Knight is a horrible cook, but with her good friend and neighbor Julia Child teaching her, she’s slowly improving. To further Tabitha’s culinary knowledge Julia insists she accompanies her to her school where the Chef Beauchȇne is giving a demonstration. The demonstration turns disastrous, however, when the chef opens a rare bottle of wine, sips, and keels over dead. When a second chef is killed in the same manner the following day, right in front of Tabitha and Julia again, the pair can’t help but be intrigued. Who would want to kill these chefs? And why? Does it have anything to do with the vandalism at the markets? 

Tabitha makes such a great protagonist. She's smart, ingenious, and capable. She's also devoted to her friends and family. I love the relationships found in this series, Julia and her husband (and I love that this relationship mirrors their real life one), Julia and Tabs, Grandpère and Oncle Rafe, Tabitha and her messieurs, and Tabitha and Merveille. I can't wait to see what develops.

I thoroughly enjoyed the mystery and how excited both Tabitha and Julia were at the possibility of solving another murder. Although I had a good inkling on who the killer was, I didn't know the motive. I loved seeing how everything all came together.

One of my favorite things about the American in Paris Mystery series is how Julia Child joyously describes food and cooking. Her enthusiasm is catchy and makes me feel happy. I still picture the dancing chicken breasts!

A MURDER MOST FRENCH is a scrumptious postwar mystery that will have you wanting to cook, but maybe passing on any rare wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment