Sunday, November 30, 2014

Thanks

As this Thanksgiving weekend comes to a close I'd like to say thank you. I am thankful for the books, books I've read, books I want to read, and books I don't even know about! I'm thankful to the writers who give us those books. But not only the authors, the other bloggers and fans who write about books and other subjects as well. I'm especially grateful for the warmth and generosity of those authors and books. I've received not only wonderful material goods (I have the bookmarks, bags, shirts, socks, and more to prove that) but the kind words...condolences on the loss of a pet, laughs about other animals, wonderful recipes, and compliments on my own writing.

I'd also like to thank my own readers and followers of this blog. Thank you for stopping by, reading, and commenting on my posts. The process wouldn't be nearly as fun without your contributions.

As we head further into the holiday season I'd like to remind everyone of other ways we can thank our authors. Buy books, not only for yourself, but for friends, family, co-workers, even strangers! Books make wonderful presents. Write reviews. Talk about books and authors you like at holiday gatherings; share your recommendations. I just read what one reader is doing and I intend to follow suit-enclose author bookmarks in your Christmas cards! Get the word out, spread the joy of reading!

Happy Thanksgiving and thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment