Friday, April 22, 2022

Serpent's Doom - A Review

 Review


SERPENT'S DOOM by Connie di Marco
The Fourth Zodiac Mystery 

Sometimes astrologer Julia Benotti gets too invested with her clients. Such is the case with young Frankie Chan. The 11 year old with a big attitude and a missing mother is not the only one either, there's the abused wife and the worried mother, but it's Frankie who galvanizes her to act. As Julia tries to help him she soon discovers that things are connected in ways she never would have believed.

Pulse pounding drama and suspense await you in Connie di Marco's latest Zodiac Mystery. She creatively melds together several storylines into one jaw dropping mystery. The astrological aspects flow seamlessly into this tautly written novel and I enjoyed every minute of it.

I really like Julia, although I wanted to yell at her a few times-Tell someone where you're going! For heaven's sake, read his journals! I love the slow burn on Michael's story. His death is going to be so much more than a tragic accident and while I can't wait to learn more, I love the slow manner in which his story is unfolding. Julia has great friends who really get involved and I love the addition of Rupert to the Mystic Eye crew.

SERPENT'S DOOM is an exciting mystery melding cultures, astrological aspects, friendships, and betrayals.

2 comments: