Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Currently Reading & Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! May 2014 bring us all lots of reading pleasure!

I'm currently reading An Appetite for Murder by Lucy Burdette. This is the first book in the Key West Food Critic Mystery series. I confess, I'm way behind...the 4th in the series will be published in February. I know I want to catch up as I'm enjoying this first book.

Hayley Snow picked up and moved to Key West to live with her new love. Sadly, he turned out to be a jerk who cheated on her, then kicked her out! Now she's trying to make a living in Key West and is attempting to further her food writing career by applying for a job as a food critic. That endeavor is made more difficult by the fact that the owner of the magazine with which she's trying to get a job just happens to be her ex's new girlfriend. Loveless, jobless, and sharing a houseboat...can it get much worse? Well, the girlfriend is murdered...and Hayley becomes prime suspect.

Recipes are included.

No comments:

Post a Comment