Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Currently Reading...

I'm currently reading Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet by Darynda Jones. This book is the 4th in the Charley Davidson series. This series is one that defies genres. One thing that it is not, is a cozy. I wouldn't call it a romance either. There are mysteries, there is romance...which can be quite erotic at times, it is paranormal, there is lots of action, and plenty of humor. I guess you could call it a hot, paranormal, romantic suspense with lots of laughs!

Charley Davidson is a PI. She's also the Grim Reaper. Yup, she lights up like a beacon to the dead and they can cross over through her. There's also always been a gorgeous guy who mysteriously appears when she needs him. He happens to be the son of Satan. Needless to say, their relationship hasn't been easy. Especially after what happened in the 3rd book. I'm only one chapter in to this book and can't believe I got behind (the 6th book in the series, Sixth Grave On the Edge, was just released). The book opens with Charley dealing with the ramifications of book 3 (Third Grave Dead Ahead). She's sequestered herself in her apartment, (well, her best friend's apartment) buying things she doesn't need from the shopping channel and chatting with her (dead) aunt. Cookie is working on getting her back to the land of the living, when Charley spots Reyes...doing something impossible.

You must read this series in order! First Grave on the Right is the first in the series. (I also love how the author helps us know the order of the books with the titles!) I love this series and can't wait to catch up!

1 comment:

  1. This is a series I've been wanting to pick up. It sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete