Thursday, March 8, 2018

Paws - The Ghost Cat of Witch Way to Mintwood - Guest Post & Review

I'm pleased to welcome Paws to Cozy Up With Kathy today. You can find Paws in the pages of WITCH WAY TO MINTWOOD by Addison Creek. This book is the first in the Witch of Mintwood Mystery series.




Hi all,

Paws here. I’m a ghost cat in the Witch of Mintwood mystery series. Actually, you’ll have to forgive me. I am THE ghost cat in the series. Let me tell you what it’s like to be a ghost cat sidekick to a witch.

Lemmi is the Witch of Mintwood. She lives in a farmhouse and I live on her falling-down porch. Everyone she knows keeps telling her to get the porch fixed, but she foolishly thinks it’s fine. Also, please understand, I like living on the porch. I had my pick of places and chose there. I can see everything from there, including the local birds and mice. It beats living in the house with my humans.

I help Lemmi solve mysteries. Not to put too fine of a point on it, she would have trouble solving cases without me. She has two other sidekicks, of the human variety. Together we speak with ghosts and solve their murders. You’ll have to come hang out with me in the Mintwood series to see what it’s all about.

Lemmi’s two other sidekicks are her best friends from high school. Charlie is pretty great, but Greer is a nightmare. Greer has a horrible personality and a worse fashion sense. Charlie is a reporter for the local paper, while Greer moonlights as a bartender while she “figures out her life.” If that ever happens, let me know. If only she were a cat, everything would be clear.

Charlie and Greer also live at the farmhouse, plus a bunch of human ghosts and a rabbit or two. Secretly, I enjoy all the company, but don’t tell Lemmi. There’s never a dull moment in Mintwood, especially for the mice.

*******************************************************************

Review


WITCH WAY TO MINTWOOD by Addison Creek
The First Witch of Mintwood Mystery

Upon the death of her grandmother Lemmi returns home to become the new Witch of Mintwood. While trying to save the town's historic barn on behalf of two young ghosts, she's also charged with protecting an old high school nemesis, Gracie. When Gracie disappears, Lemmie looks to her two best friends and a ghostly cat to solve the mystery. Lemmi will do her best in her new role, despite living in a dilapidated property filled with ghosts and roommates, multiple boyfriend issues, and the fact that she doesn't know much about being a witch.

I love the premise of this book, a witch unfamiliar with her skills having to answer to the many ghosts she encounters. While the characters of Paws and Funnel are delightful, the humans appear somewhat juvenile. There are a lot of storylines and subplots running through the book, and, while interesting and not difficult to follow, the book would have been better served with concentration and further development of only one or two. Although fast paced and fun, the writing is somewhat disjointed and clunky.

WITCH WAY TO MINTWOOD is a fanciful mystery infused with darker undertones.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the review on "Witch Way to Mintwood" and being part of the book tour. Loved the guest post with Paws. :)

    I'd love the opportunity to read this book.
    2clowns at arkansas dot net

    ReplyDelete