Tuesday, June 8, 2021

An Interview with Trixie Silvertale

I'm pleased to welcome Trixie Silvertale to Cozy Up With Kathy today. Trixie writes the Mitzy Moon Mystery series.

 

Kathy: Your Mitzy Moon Mystery series features an amateur sleuth, small town intrigue, and a dash of the supernatural. What made you decide to make your series paranormal?

TS: The Mitzy Moon Mysteries are my secret passion, come to life! I have always wanted to be a PI and fancy myself quite the amateur sleuth. I love reading cozy and paranormal cozy mysteries and I love watching detective shows on TV. Ever since the original Bewitched television series I’ve loved the idea of the paranormal in everyday life. (Please do not do the math! Maybe I watched reruns . . . ) Anyway, I enjoy solving the mystery before the end of the book or show, but the fun is always in unraveling the clues!

Kathy: Mitzy inherits an entitled feline, Ghost-ma. Do you have any cats, entitled or not? If so, do they influence Pyewacket’s antics?

TS: I’ve had many cats over the years and worked with some wildcat rescues. All of the nutty and mildly terrifying shenanigans of those felines play into Pye’s antics.


Kathy: Mitzy also gets help from a spirit from beyond the grave. Do you believe in ghosts? Have you ever had any ghostly encounters?

TS: The supernatural has always fascinated me. I think life after death (in some form) plays into our reality. I enjoy ghost tours, séances, and the idea of messages from beyond the veil.

Kathy: What first drew you to cozy mysteries?

TS: The fun! I’m a big fan of humor as a coping mechanism and cozy mysteries handle that with flair.
 

Kathy: Do you write in any other genres?

TS: I write YA Epic Fantasy under the pen name “Rue.”
 

Kathy: Tell us about your series. 

TS: Mitzy Moon is a psychic sleuth with a knack for stumbling onto corpses!
 

Kathy: Do you have a favorite character? If so, who and why?

TS: I love them all the same J
 

Kathy: Did you have a specific inspiration for your series?

TS: A lifetime of experiences went into creating Pin Cherry Harbor.


Kathy: If you could have a dinner party and invite 4 authors, living or dead, in any genre, whom would you invite?

TS: Agatha Christie, J.R.R. Tolkien, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, and Mary Shelley


Kathy: Will you share any of your hobbies or interests with us?

TS: I LOVE baking!

Kathy: Name 4 items you always have in your fridge or pantry.

TS: At least 5 pounds of flour, minimum of three types of sugar, amarena cherries, and at least one jar of roasted red peppers.

Kathy: Do you have plans for future books either in your current series or a new series?

TS: Like I always tell my readers: I’ll keep writing them if you keep reading . . .

Kathy: What's your favorite thing about being an author?

TS: Writing and emails from readers are tied for 1st place!

 *********************************************************************

Trixie’s Website
http://trixiesilvertale.com

Amazon Author Page
https://www.amazon.com/Trixie-Silvertale/e/B07XGGRTWK

BookBub Author
https://www.bookbub.com/authors/trixie-silvertale

Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/trixiesilvertale/

Facebook Author
https://www.facebook.com/TrixieSilvertale/

No comments:

Post a Comment