Today I'm pleased to be able to share a recipe from BREAD OVER TROUBLED WATER by Winnie Archer. This book is the eighth in the Bread Shop Mystery series and was released this week.
Olaya’s Morning Cookies (naturally gluten free!)
• 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
• 1/4 cup granulated sugar
• 1/4 cup light brown sugar lightly packed
• 1 large egg
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 3/4 cup oat flour
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1/4 cup golden flaxseed meal
• 1 1/2 cups extra thick rolled oats (or substitute gluten free old-fashioned oats)
• 1/2 cup dried cranberries
• 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
• Other Add Ins of choice
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. Prepare two baking sheets by lining with parchment.
3. Cream butter and both sugars together in large bowl.
4. Mix in the egg and the vanilla.
5. Stir in the flour, baking soda, and cinnamon until combined.
6. Add the oats, flaxseed meal, cranberries, and walnuts (or other Add Ins). Stir until just combined.
7. Using a spook, form cookie dough into small to medium-sized balls. Place on the baking sheets. Press down slightly to flatten.
8. Bake for about 12 to 15 minutes.
9. These cookies keep for 2-3 days in an airtight container.
• Slivered almonds
• Golden raisins
• Dried cherries
• Dried blueberries or other dried fruit
• Chocolate chips• Sweetened dried coconut
The Eighth Bread Shop Mystery
Bread Over Troubled Water (A Bread Shop Mystery) by Winnie Archer
About Bread Over Troubled Water
Bread Over Troubled Water (A Bread Shop Mystery)
Cozy Mystery 8th in Series
Setting - California
Kensington Cozies (November 29, 2022)
Mass Market Paperback: 304 pages
Rising cozy mystery author Winnie Archer cooks up her latest installment in her delightful and delicious Bread Shop Mystery series.
Photographer Ivy Culpepper is soon to make a home with her husband-to-be in the California beach town of Santa Sofia—but the Yeast of Eden bakery remains her second home. It’s not just a place to work, but a community. And now one member of the community has been murdered . . .
A regular who used Yeast of Eden as a workspace, Josh Prentiss always turned heads with his startlingly good looks and thousand-watt smile. But Ivy can’t help noticing one morning that he seems distracted and off his game. Later, during a visit to the park where she and Miguel plan to hold their engagement party—with plenty of baked goods on the menu—her rescue pug, Agatha, sniffs out Josh lying in a bed of poppies…scone cold dead.
There’s no reason for Ivy to get involved. She’s busy enough holding down the fort as the shop’s owner, Olaya, cares for her recently orphaned niece, not to mention the stress when a new employee is fired and storms out in a rage. Then a band of rabble-rousers starts picketing the bakery, claiming that Olaya’s sourdough roll is what killed Josh—and Ivy hears some salacious gossip about her beloved boss. She doesn’t think there’s a grain of truth to the seedy rumors—but to prove it, she’ll have to start sleuthing . . .
About Winnie Archer
Winnie Archer is the nationally bestselling author of the Bread Shop Mystery series, as well as the Lola Cruz Mysteries and the Magical Dressmaking Mystery series written as Melissa Bourbon. A former middle school English teacher, lives in North Carolina with her educator husband, Carlos, and the youngest of their five children. Visit Winnie Archer online at www.MelissaBourbon.com!Author Links
- Website: http://www.melissabourbon.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MelissaBourbonWinnieArcherBooks/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/bookishly_cozy/