Sunday, December 25, 2022

Merry Christmas!

Oh the weather outside is frightful...at least it is here in Western New York, and, from what I understand, most of the United States. My Christmas plans are postponed due to the winter storm here, but I'm safe at home with plenty of food and power. I hope you are safe and happy with plenty of wonderful mysteries to read during this wonderful holiday season. 

In addition to Christmas, there are many other holidays that are celebrated at this time of year. When it comes to cozy mysteries, however, Christmas seems to be the most popular. I know of a Yule themed one, but can't think of any Hanukkah or other winter celebrations. I thought I'd share some of my favorites. There are many many more, including some others I love I didn't get around to mentioning!

Favorites include THE ENEMY YOU GNOCCHI by Catherine Bruns, A MURDER YULE REGRET by Winnie Archer, MURDER FIR CHRISTMAS by Joyce and Jim Lavene, AN EGGNOG TO DIE FOR by Amy Pershing, IT'S BEGINNING TO LOOK A LOT LIKE MURDER by Maria DiRico, TWISTED TEA CHRISTMAS by Laura Childs, and MURDER AT THE CHRISTMAS COOKIE BAKE-OFF by Darci Hannah,

Recent releases include ROAST DATE by Heather Day Gilbert and IT CAME UPON A MIDNIGHT SHEAR by Allie Pleiter,

There's also DECK THE DONUTS by Ginger Bolton.

There are whole Christmas themed mystery series! Some of the books are set at Christmas while others aren't. I'm talking about the Mrs. Clause Mystery series by Liz Ireland and the Year Round Christmas Mystery series by Vicky Delany. 

Looking for a quick read? Try GINGERDEAD HOUSE by Nancy Warren, a Great Witches Baking Show Novella, or anthologies such as DEADLY TRADITIONS: A COZY MYSTERY CHRISTMAS ANTHOLOGY or CHRISTMAS SCARF MURDER by Carlene O’Connor, Maddie Day, and Peggy Ehrhart.

ABIDE WITH ME by Jane Willan takes place between Christmas and Epiphany and Yuletide Homicide is a Yule Mystery.

I haven't even scratched the surface-but I need to end this post as I need to get to bed before Santa arrives. Want some more ideas for holiday books? Did you know that you can search my blog? On the right hand side is a list of my tags-you can pick holidays, which will include all holidays, not only winter ones so you may find St. Patrick's Day, Halloween, or something else. You can also look for Christmas. I wish you a wonderful holiday season filled with delightful books! Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment