Friday, September 6, 2019

A Means to an End - An Interview

I'm so happy to welcome Lissa Marie Redmond back to Cozy Up With Kathy. Lissa writes the Cold Case Investigation Mystery series. A MEANS TO AN END is the third book in the series and will be released this Sunday!


Kathy: In A MEANS TO AN END Detective Riley has to pursue a man who got away with murder. How does knowing he escaped justice before affect her pursuit of him?

LMR: Lauren definitely feels responsible for the fact that he is out on the street. Her guilt is very a much a driving factor in the book. And she feels a sense of urgency to put him behind bars before he can hurt more people.


Kathy: Was there a specific inspiration for this story?

LMR: There wasn’t a specific thing that inspired this story. At the start of every book I ask myself, what are the worst things that can happen to my characters and how would they respond to those things? It’s interesting, as a writer, to see how the different characters handle the situations. Just like real people, they have their own motivations for doing the things they do.


Kathy: Setting plays such an important role in a mystery. How has Buffalo influenced your series?

LMR: The city of Buffalo plays such an important role in my series. From the weather, to the architecture, to the politics, I try to bring as much of the city as I can into the stories. The city itself is changing and reinventing itself so fast even I have trouble keeping up with it. After I retired from the police department four years ago Police Headquarters moved and I had to set up a guided tour of the new police headquarters because I’d never been inside of it!


Kathy: Are you able to share any future plans for Detective Lauren Riley?

LMR: All I can say is A MEANS TO AN END is not the last time you’ll see Lauren Riley.


Kathy: How has your journey as an author changed since your first Cold Case Investigation was published?

LMR: I think I’d like to branch out at some point into other genres besides mystery. I’ve always had a soft spot for science fiction, and I’d love to try to write something along those lines.


Kathy: Authors are required to do a lot of their own marketing, especially for a new release. What's your favorite part of marketing your work? What do you dislike about marketing?

LMR: I love going to libraries and book clubs. I’ve met so many fantastic people and made a lot of new friends. Also, I’m always on the hunt for character names, so if I meet you and like your first or last name it could end up in my next manuscript!

There’s really not anything I dislike about marketing, because most of it has to do with connecting with people, which is what being a writer is all about anyway.


Kathy: Will you share any other upcoming books?

LMR: Crooked Lane Books is publishing a stand-alone novel of mine called THE SECRETS THEY LEFT BEHIND in April of 2020. This book features a brand-new cast of characters and a different setting than my Cold Case Investigation series. I’m very lucky and excited to be working with Crooked Lane on this project.


*************************************************************************

You can keep up with Lissa using these links:

Website: https://lissamarieredmond.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LissaMarieRedmond/
Bookbub: https://www.bookbub.com/authors/lissa-marie-redmond
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/2282595.Lissa_Marie_Redmond 
Twitter: @Lissa_Marie_Redmond
https://www.amazon.com/Secrets-They-Left-Behind-Mystery/dp/164385299X
https://www.amazon.com/Means-End-Cold-Case-Investigation/dp/0738754285 

****************************************************************************

Be sure to come back to the blog tomorrow, Saturday, September 8, 2019, to read my review of A MEANS TO AN END. In the meantime check out this cover of Lissa's next book!



1 comment:

  1. Lissa, both of your upcoming books sound wonderful. They go on my to-read list. I wish you all the luck in the world!!

    ReplyDelete