Friday, October 23, 2020

Murder Most Sweet - A Review

 Review


MURDER MOST SWEET by Laura Jensen Walker
The First Bookish Baker Mystery

Teddie St. John is known for her writing, her baking, and her scarves. A mystery writer, Teddie is happily single with good friends and an adorable dog. Teddie is pleased to meet the dashing bestselling British author Tavish Bently at her friend's book store, but a menopausal emergency causes her to leave the book signing early. Deciding to take her pup for a walk, Teddie lets Gracie take the lead only to find herself behind the bookstore with Gracie barking at a dead woman. A dead woman with one of Teddie's scarves around her neck!  

A captivating mystery is just one of the things that make MURDER MOST SWEET a standout. I really like Teddie and her self deprecating humor. I understand her doubts about Tavish; is he truly interested in her or merely looking for information and deflecting suspicion from himself? I love her friendships with her childhood friends, their banter and camaraderie enhancing the cozy feel of the book. I also appreciate Teddie's relationship with her mother, a tricky one, to be sure. The delectable descriptions of the food made my mouth water and stomach rumble. I really want a taste of that Danish layer cake, but although the recipe was thoughtfully provided it's a bit complicated for me. I'll just have to hope I can snag a Kringle from Trader Joe's!

MURDER MOST SWEET is a delightful start to a new series. Good friends, delicious food, and bookish people make this intriguing mystery a hit.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your review.
    This book sounds so intriguing, mysterious, a page turner and so much more. Would love to read and review this book and your other books in print format.

    ReplyDelete