Sunday, January 1, 2023

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! I'm wishing you a wonderful year full of good health, prosperity, and wonderful books! Thank you for following my blog and Facebook page as well as attending my online parties. I've had a sneak peek at some of the releases for this coming year and we're in for a treat! As we welcome in 2023 I thought I'd take a look back at 2022. 

I always hesitate to list favorite books as I worry I will forget some I really liked-especially those at the start of the year-and I'd hate for anyone to feel slighted. So, let's start with some basic facts.

I started 2022 by reading THE PARTING GLASS by Lissa Marie Redmond. This is the fifth in the Cold Case Homicide Mystery series. My first review of the year was for CRUMBS AND MISDEMEANORS by Nancy Warren. This book is the sixth in the Great Witches Baking Mystery series. My first guest post was also my first novella, that was also a prequel, of the year: ENTER A WIZARD, STAGE LEFT by Connie di Marco. My first interview of the year was with Lily Luchesi who writes the Paige Pappillon Mystery series.

According to Goodreads I read 93 books in 2022. While I mainly read mysteries, and primarily cozy mysteries at that, I also read some non-fiction and children's books too. I enjoyed almost all of them!

I discovered many new series in 2023 among them: SIX FEET DEEP DISH by Mindy Quigley, the First Deep Dish Mystery, TWO PARTS SUGAR, ONE PART MURDER by Valerie Burns, the First Baker Street Mystery, A DOOMFUL OF SUGAR by Catherine Bruns, the First Maple Syrup Mystery, THE TURNCOAT'S WIDOW by Mally Becker, the First Revolutionary War Mystery, THE ROCKY ROAD TO RUIN by Meri Allen, the First Ice Cream Shop Mystery, AL DENTE'S INFERNO by Stephanie Cole, the First Tuscan Cooking School Mystery, CRY OF THE INNOCENT by Julie Bates, the First Faith Clarke Mystery, THE YARN THAT BINDS by Rebecca McKinnon, the First Clear Creek Mystery, and MURDER AT MALLOWAN HALL by Colleen Cambridge, the First Phyllida Bright Mystery, among others.

Of course, there were new installments in series I already loved such as  The Mrs. Claus Mystery series, the Stella and Lyndy Mystery series, the Deadly Mystery series, the Countess of Harleigh Mystery series, the Accidental Alchemist Mystery series, the Jane Wunderly Mystery series, the Ella Shane Mystery series, the Bay Island Psychic Mystery series, the Salem B&B Mystery series, the Haunted Bookshop Mystery series, the Barks & Beans Cafe Mystery series, the Abby McCree Mystery series, the Literary Pub Mystery series, and many more.  

As I leave 2022, the last book I completed was DIAL M FOR MEOW by Ruth J. Hartman. Stay tuned for my review on January 10, 2023. As I head in to 2023 I'm in the midst of reading A TRACE OF POISON by Colleen Cambridge.

I look forward to reading new favorites from authors I know, discovering new series and new authors, and being transported to wonderful locales. I hope you'll join me for more adventures in 2023!  

No comments:

Post a Comment